| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Great Smoky Mtns. 1702 https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6403 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Johnny Winkler [ Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Great Smoky Mtns. 1702 |
Anyone heard when 2-8-0 1702 will be running again on the Great Smoky Mountains Railway? Has any work at all been done on 722 this year? wink638@aol.com |
|
| Author: | jimwrinn [ Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Great Smoky Mtns. 1702 |
I think they're aiming for their railroad festival weekend Sept. 12-14. We're supposed to pose the 1925 and 1702 nose to nose for a Southern Fried "champaign photo" at Bryson City the afternoon of the 13th. As for 722... haven't been up there in months so I have no idea... I guess we'll find out in about six weeks! http://nctrans.org Wrinnbo@aol.com |
|
| Author: | buddy bob [ Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Great Smoky Mtns. 1702 |
> I think they're aiming for their railroad > festival weekend Sept. 12-14. We're supposed > to pose the 1925 and 1702 nose to nose for a > Southern Fried "champaign photo" > at Bryson City the afternoon of the 13th. > As for 722... haven't been up there in > months so I have no idea... I guess we'll > find out in about six weeks! Does anyone know why the bearings failed? Did they used what timken advised or something else. I think a lot of us shop people would like to know. regards bb. staybolt2@netscape.net |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|