| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Lehigh Valley locomotives for Display https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6462 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Scot Lawrence [ Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | Lehigh Valley locomotives for Display |
hello, this post is in response to 2 recent posts looking for former LV items to display. (Pittston PA and Mendon NY) I was going to just email the representatives from both groups, but thought it might be better to make a public post, so lots of people can see it.. I have been building and maintaining the "Lehigh Valley Railroad Survivors" web page, just started it this year.With all the help I have recieved from the railfan community, (including this forum!),and as a result of building the page, I have learned of several former LVRR locomotives that still exist that are NOT in operating condition that would make excellent museum static displays! There is a Alco S2 in Buffalo. 2 Alco C-420s are dead in Indiana. Several of the U23Bs are missing, probably not-operating. there are several dead EMD switchers out there.. all original LVRR engines! :) right now there are only 3 LV engines preserved. the RS3M and 2 of the C420s.. I would love to get more LV engines saved and repainted! even if they are arent going to operate. Imagine 2 C420s sitting in Mendon or Pittston! :) My page also contains a list of known LV cabooses, quite a lot of them still out there! If there is anything I can do to help in any LV preservation, please let me know! and im always looking for new info on LV survivors..(especially those 8 missing U-boats! ;) thanks, Scot Lawrence Rochester, NY LVRR Survivors sscotsman@yahoo.com |
|
| Author: | Alan Maples [ Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lehigh Valley locomotives for Display |
I didn't notice it on your web page (maybe I looked in the wrong place), but LV SW-9 no. 282 (Conrail 8933; Everett Railroad 8933; Huntsville & Madison County Railroad 8933) is alive and well in Huntsville, Alabama. I just operated this locomotive today. Alan Maples AMaples@aol.com |
|
| Author: | Mike LaBouliere [ Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lehigh Valley locomotives for Display |
There's a LV SW-1 in its original LV paint out of service in Tennessee some place. |
|
| Author: | Scot Lawrence [ Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:12 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lehigh Valley locomotives for Display |
> I didn't notice it on your web page (maybe I > looked in the wrong place), but LV SW-9 no. > 282 (Conrail 8933; Everett Railroad 8933; > Huntsville & Madison County Railroad > 8933) is alive and well in Huntsville, > Alabama. I just operated this locomotive > today. > Alan Maples Alan, thats one I was looking for! I had her listed as a possible survivor, but hadnt confirmed her status or location.. thanks for finding another LV engine! :) I will get the page updated with this information.. (any chance you could email me a current photo? I would love to include it with 282's information..I would give you full credit of course! :) thanks, Scot sscotsman@yahoo.com |
|
| Author: | Scot Lawrence [ Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:30 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lehigh Valley locomotives for Display |
> There's a LV SW-1 in its original LV paint > out of service in Tennessee some place. Mike, yep, I already have her listed, She is LV 112, is (or was) in Rockwood, TN. I just heard she was bought by a private individual, but I dont know who or what the plans for her are.. but she seems "safe" for now anyway! Scot sscotsman@yahoo.com |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|