Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

EBT on August 9th
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6464
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Rob Davis [ Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:25 am ]
Post subject:  EBT on August 9th

I might get out to the EBT on August 9th. I haev seen the press release of events and am wondering which engine(s) will be running. Anyone got the scoop?

Rob



rdavis@rypn.org

Author:  Erik Ledbetter [ Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: EBT on August 9th

> I might get out to the EBT on August 9th. I
> haev seen the press release of events and am
> wondering which engine(s) will be running.
> Anyone got the scoop?

> Rob

No. 14 is the only operable steam engine at the moment. No. 15 does not look like it will be finished in time to run this season.


eledbetter@rypn.org

Author:  John Craft [ Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: EBT on August 9th

> No. 15 does not look like it
> will be finished in time to run this season.

I spoke with Linn Moedinger yesterday - firebox work is going on this week. Rods will be coming off as well for some bushing work.

The GOAL is to have 15 ready by the time of the Oct. 11-12 Fall Spectacular, but it does NOT sound certain by any means. Keep your fingers crossed.

JAC

Author:  Nevin Byers [ Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: EBT on August 9th

> I spoke with Linn Moedinger yesterday -
> firebox work is going on this week. Rods
> will be coming off as well for some bushing
> work.

> The GOAL is to have 15 ready by the time of
> the Oct. 11-12 Fall Spectacular, but it does
> NOT sound certain by any means. Keep your
> fingers crossed.

> JAC

As Erik stated, #14 is the only operational steam locomotive we have. But don't let that stop you from enjoying the day at the EBT.

We would all love to see #15 operational by the Spectacular. But, many have their doubts. I, for one, feel that if the manpower is there and a lot of hard work is put into it, she'll be ready. For now, it looks like #15 will be ready in time for the 2004 season.

The East Broad Top Railroad
nevin@parails.com

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/