| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| MIDH 91 https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6479 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Steve Zarick [ Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | MIDH 91 |
It is 2:30pm Eastern as I post, and I have just received word from the M&H Railroad General Manager that MIDH #91 has a fire in the box and is now making steam. Her first run open to the public will be Saturday, Aug. 9, 12 noon. Her inaugural run, reserved for donors, supporters, press, and friends, is earlier that morning, 9:30 I believe. smzarick@hotmail.com |
|
| Author: | John Stewart [ Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: MIDH 91 |
Steve; Thanks for these posts, btw. I *really* like these CNR E10a locomotives. Do you know what/when her planned schedule will be for the rest of August? I'll be in the area at the end of August, but might not be able to make it on a weekend. Thanks; John Stewart Ottawa, Canada. > It is 2:30pm Eastern as I post, and I have > just received word from the M&H Railroad > General Manager that MIDH #91 has a fire in > the box and is now making steam. Ottawa CMST Shay freewrl-1@rogers.com |
|
| Author: | Steve Zarick [ Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: MIDH 91 |
Steve; > Thanks for these posts, btw. I *really* like > these CNR E10a locomotives. > Do you know what/when her planned schedule > will be for the rest of August? I'll be in > the area at the end of August, but might not > be able to make it on a weekend. > Thanks; > John Stewart > Ottawa, Canada. She's supposed to run Saturdays and Sundays only. A railroad operating schedule can be found at the link below. SMZ M&H Railroad smzarick@hotmail.com |
|
| Author: | Dan Cupper [ Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | MIDH 91 -- This is a change, right? |
> I have > just received word from the M&H Railroad > General Manager that MIDH #91 has a fire in > the box and is now making steam. > Her first run open to the public will be > Saturday, Aug. 9, 12 noon. Her inaugural > run, reserved for donors, supporters, press, > and friends, is earlier that morning, 9:30 I > believe. Steve: Just to confirm -- this *is* a change, correct? All previous postings on this list, and the July 16 WHTM-TV story linked here have said that the debut is set for August 2, which is this Saturday. In the light of a multi-year overhaul, a one-week shift is insignificant, but everything here and in the local media up to this point has said Aug. 2. For me, living nearby, it doesn't make a difference, but for the benefit of anyone who was making plans to travel any distance, it would be great to re-confirm the actual date. Dan Cupper Harrisburg, Pa. cupper@att.net |
|
| Author: | K.R. Bell [ Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: MIDH 91 -- This is a change, right? |
Hi, Dan: I've been emailing with Steve this week--Aug. 9 is a typo; he probably meant to type Aug. 2 (this Sat.) as 91's debut. Their deadline is this Saturday to coincide with the M&H's 113th anniversary event. K.R. Bell > Steve: > Just to confirm -- this *is* a change, > correct? > All previous postings on this list, and the > July 16 WHTM-TV story linked here have said > that the debut is set for August 2, which is > this Saturday. In the light of a multi-year > overhaul, a one-week shift is insignificant, > but everything here and in the local media > up to this point has said Aug. 2. For me, > living nearby, it doesn't make a difference, > but for the benefit of anyone who was making > plans to travel any distance, it would be > great to re-confirm the actual date. > Dan Cupper > Harrisburg, Pa. |
|
| Author: | Steve Zarick [ Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: MIDH 91 -- Correcting mistake in previous post |
> Hi, Dan: > I've been emailing with Steve this > week--Aug. 9 is a typo; he probably meant to > type Aug. 2 (this Sat.) as 91's debut. Their > deadline is this Saturday to coincide with > the M&H's 113th anniversary event. > K.R. Bell Thanks for catching that Dan, and thanks for the correction Kurt. The first revenue runs are in fact this Saturday, August 2. My sincerest appologies. My excitement got the better of me I guess. Again, confirming, Sat. Aug. 2. Hope to see some of you there! M&H Railroad smzarick@hotmail.com |
|
| Author: | Steve Zarick [ Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:34 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: MIDH 91 |
Yesterday's fire-up went quite well, and the day was spent chasing down and fixing the various bugs and kinks associated with a first fire-up. Troubleshooting continues today, followed by break-in runs. M&H Railroad smzarick@hotmail.com |
|
| Author: | Al Patterson [ Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | I'll be there! *NM* |
acp19809@yahoo.com |
|
| Author: | Al Patterson [ Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: MIDH 91 |
Great job guys! I rode behind her today, and chased one. It's a beauty. > Yesterday's fire-up went quite well, and the > day was spent chasing down and fixing the > various bugs and kinks associated with a > first fire-up. Troubleshooting continues > today, followed by break-in runs. acp19809@yahoo.com |
|
| Author: | Dan Cupper [ Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | MIDH 91 -- Posting new thread above *NM* *NM* |
cupper@att.net |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|