Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Preserved trains question
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6484
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jeff Demsey [ Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:59 am ]
Post subject:  Preserved trains question

I'm new to railfanning and just found this web site. I was wondering where all I could find preserved trains near the Kenosha, Wisconsin area?
Thank You,
Jeff Demsey

Author:  Doug Bailey [ Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Preserved trains question

> I'm new to railfanning and just found this
> web site. I was wondering where all I could
> find preserved trains near the Kenosha,
> Wisconsin area?
> Thank You,
> Jeff Demsey

Jeff, the link below should help some.

Regards,
Doug

Wisconsin Steam Locomotives
dougb@sunserver.com

Author:  Boyd Owens [ Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Preserved trains question

Jeff,

You can find some at the Mid-Continent Railway Museum in North Freedom, WI, at the Illinois Railway Museum in Union, IL, and at the East Troy Electric Railway in East Troy, WI, just to name a few.

Boyd


Mid-Continent Railway Museum
bowens@rypn.org

Author:  Jack [ Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Preserved trains question

> Jeff,

> You can find some at the Mid-Continent
> Railway Museum in North Freedom, WI, at the
> Illinois Railway Museum in Union, IL, and at
> the East Troy Electric Railway in East Troy,
> WI, just to name a few.

> Boyd

BTW, it's the East Troy Electric RailROAD Museum. Don't know what you're looking for, but our trains are all traction vehicles; streetcars, interurbans, rapid transit.

And we're only 35 miles from Kenosha.

Jack


East Troy Electric Railroad Museum
jftrolley@aol.com

Author:  o anderson [ Sat Aug 02, 2003 2:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Preserved trains question

At zero miles away you will find the Kenosha trolley operation, using Ex-Toronto cars in a variety of colors. I understand that another group wants to create a museum on an Ex C&NW branch that runs southwest of the Kenosha passenger station, but this effort is likely in need of more supporters. The North Shore Line interurban station is the last of its kind on the original foundation- I hope its historical integrity survives a conversion to a headstart program.

A short haul to Sturtevant will bring you to the Western Union Junction group, who have a few cars, and are working on the town's station. There is good potential for a museum site near the Hwy 11 interchange with I-94 - perhaps they will take advantage of it.

On the south side of Milwaukee are a few cars and a locomotive owned by individuals with a connection to the old Milwaukee Road.

The RR museum with the biggest collection of equipment ain't too far away in Union Illinois, as is a dear and quaint trolley museum in South Elgin. The museum of Science and Industry has a good collection too.
Have Fun!

> I'm new to railfanning and just found this
> web site. I was wondering where all I could
> find preserved trains near the Kenosha,
> Wisconsin area?
> Thank You,
> Jeff Demsey

Author:  dave [ Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Preserved trains question

Don't forget Mid-West Locomotive and Machine Works in North Lake - look for the old Kettle Moraine RR shops.

Dave

irondave@bellsouth.net

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/