Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Partly streamlined Hudson
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6500
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:39 am ]
Post subject:  Partly streamlined Hudson

Just a weird photo of an NYC Hudson with part of its streamlining removed.

http://abpr2.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi?january03/01-07-03/nyc-s5446ajh.jpg
ryarger@rypn.org

Author:  Alan Levy [ Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Partly streamlined Hudson

It's almost as if it ran so fast it blew off it's
sheet metal!

I picture pieces of steamlining all over the country side.

-Alan

alanl759@aol.com

Author:  ge13031 [ Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Partly streamlined Hudson

> I picture pieces of steamlining all over the
> country side.

> -Alan

I picture a bunch of disgruntled roundhouse employees throwing it in the nearest dumpster.


lamontdc@adelphia.net

Author:  Alan Levy [ Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Partly streamlined Hudson

> I picture a bunch of disgruntled roundhouse
> employees throwing it in the nearest
> dumpster.

Probably quite true.

-Alan Levy

alanl759@aol.com

Author:  Jim Fitzgerald [ Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Partly streamlined Hudson

Usually the result of a grade crossing meeting with a big truck. And, yes, the maintenance guys loved to see that stuff removed.


Friends of 4449
fitzrr@pioneer.net

Author:  G. Mark Ray - TVRM [ Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Partly streamlined Hudson

I picture a crash in turn 2 and the owner wanted it back out on the track to earn points so the crew chief removed the damaged sheet metal and got it back in the race...

TVRM Shop Updates by Steve Freer
aw90@comcast.net

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/