Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

DWG Trip Story
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6789
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Joshua [ Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:44 am ]
Post subject:  DWG Trip Story

Here's an account with pictures of this past weekend's trip. Click on a picture and the text will be below the image.

Dave, Tim, etc., can you say whether or not the October version will an improvement on this past weekend's trip? Thanks!

http://www.railfan.net/lists/listthumb. ... k-09-01-03

Joshua

joshua@joshuakblay.com

Author:  Wishes to remain nameless [ Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DWG Trip Story

Sadly, may I add that I saw at least 5 chasers eating food at the tent as access was not controlled. Our car "host/police" was obviously not a people person. We were constantly told not to get up or lean out the windows. He knew nothing when people asked questions such as "where are we now". My favorite moment was when someone told him that it looked like we left two people behind in our car (their camera bag and a novel were still on the seat) they were told to "shut up and watch the scenery".

Not a day to make me come back.

Author:  Dave Crosby [ Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DWG Trip Story

Hello
I'm sorry to hear this, if its is true (not calling anyone a liar...) it warrants a letter (with names) to:

Superintendent
Steamtown National Historic Site
150 South Washington Avenue
Scranton, PA 18510

I hear the food situation was a fiasco, but the park people I know are much friendlier, perhaps it was one of the "guest" interpreters from the Delaware Water Gap site to which you refer.
Dave Crosby


bing@epix.net

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/