It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Dolores Goose
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:57 am 

And their recreated RGS depot. For a small group, they've accomplished a lot.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/60220649/60220859SazlpH
ryarger@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dolores Goose
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:03 pm 

..with plans in place for relaying track south on original RGS grade towards Mancos in 2004!

> And their recreated RGS depot. For a small
> group, they've accomplished a lot.


yenko117@yahoo.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dolores Goose
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:30 pm 

> ..with plans in place for relaying track
> south on original RGS grade towards Mancos
> in 2004!
Way to go! How much track (are we talking a mile or two)? Nice work!

Dan Decker
Lifetime member, Colorado Railroad Museum

wichita_rails@msn.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dolores Goose
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:22 pm 

Hey Dan, The last newsletter I saw did not state a specific amount, but the eventual goal is all the way to Mancos. The GGHS aquired approx. 15 miles of track and OTM when the Rocky Mountain aresenal was cleaned out. So they have some materials to build with. I think aside from money, they need manpower. I've been a distant member (East Coast) for a while and I've been very impressed with what those guys have done. Just wished I lived closer so I could swing a spike maul.

See ya - Mike

> Way to go! How much track (are we talking a
> mile or two)? Nice work!

> Dan Decker
> Lifetime member, Colorado Railroad Museum


Yenko117@yahoo.com


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: