Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

FP7 looking good
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7106
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:54 am ]
Post subject:  FP7 looking good

Old Chicago Great Western unit displayed at Oelwein, Iowa. There used to be a roundhouse there. Is it still standing?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/60220649/60221048TbjdwL
ryarger@rypn.org

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:09 am ]
Post subject:  Oelwein roundhouse

Found it, looks like it is still there, but no turntable (perhaps it never had one?). I think this is ex-CGW and now used by a car repair firm.

There used to be a roundhouse
> there. Is it still standing?


http://community.webshots.com/photo/60219210/60219868pFArFj
ryarger@rypn.org

Author:  Boyd Owens [ Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Oelwein roundhouse

It is ex-CGW, and is now used by Transco Railcar Repair Company. I think I remember a turntable there many years ago.

Boyd


bowens@rypn.org

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/