| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Dolores Goose https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7107 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Bob Yarger [ Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:57 am ] |
| Post subject: | Dolores Goose |
And their recreated RGS depot. For a small group, they've accomplished a lot. http://community.webshots.com/photo/60220649/60220859SazlpH ryarger@rypn.org |
|
| Author: | Mike Stillwell [ Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Dolores Goose |
..with plans in place for relaying track south on original RGS grade towards Mancos in 2004! > And their recreated RGS depot. For a small > group, they've accomplished a lot. yenko117@yahoo.com |
|
| Author: | Dan Decker [ Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Dolores Goose |
> ..with plans in place for relaying track > south on original RGS grade towards Mancos > in 2004! Way to go! How much track (are we talking a mile or two)? Nice work! Dan Decker Lifetime member, Colorado Railroad Museum wichita_rails@msn.com |
|
| Author: | Mike Stillwell [ Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Dolores Goose |
Hey Dan, The last newsletter I saw did not state a specific amount, but the eventual goal is all the way to Mancos. The GGHS aquired approx. 15 miles of track and OTM when the Rocky Mountain aresenal was cleaned out. So they have some materials to build with. I think aside from money, they need manpower. I've been a distant member (East Coast) for a while and I've been very impressed with what those guys have done. Just wished I lived closer so I could swing a spike maul. See ya - Mike > Way to go! How much track (are we talking a > mile or two)? Nice work! > Dan Decker > Lifetime member, Colorado Railroad Museum Yenko117@yahoo.com |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|