| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Rebuilt Steam Locos https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7121 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Ryan [ Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Rebuilt Steam Locos |
Here's a question for everybody out there! Are there many steam locomotives that have undergone the work needed to get under the "new" boiler law and have no place to run? I know there is one down in LA, the 1744 I believe. I mean smaller locomotives, not main line steam locos. I know there are plenty of big engines with no rails to polish. Thanks Ryan lima709@aol.com |
|
| Author: | dave [ Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Rebuilt Steam Locos |
The smaller steam locomotives generally are part of an operating program in a museum or tourist railroad setting, and as such have their own track to run on. Some of these are considered insular and therefore not subject to FRA jurisdiction, although state or local regulations probably apply. Offhand, I can't think of any small steam locomotive that had the capital invested to become legally operable unless there was a place and a plan for it to earn the investment back. Never thought of 1744 as large until now...... dave irondave@bellsouth.net |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|