It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Queen Anne's No. 3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:56 pm 

Did anybody find out the new home/purpose for the engine?

http://nctrans.org
Wrinnbo@aol.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Queen Anne's No. 3
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:17 am 

Little #3 is very dear to my heart. I have spent a lot of time with her over the years at two locations. Presently she is parked on display in front of the offices of Gulf Stream Development in Ocean View, Del. One of the owners there was a major partner in QARR and I assume owns the locomotive. Last I heard was that it is not for sale but that was secondhand.

Tom Gears

Wilmington and Western RR


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Queen Anne's No. 3
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:26 am 

Tom.

I was in Ocean View last week, and drove on all 4 of the main roads and some little ones in the town yet #3 was nowhere to be found. Where is this development, and is the locomotive on display right on a road or is it not accessable?
Where is this Gulf Stream Development.
This locomotive is dear to me too. As a young child, I remember riding behing it at the Wawa and Concordville.

Paul

plc95@yahoo.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Queen Anne's No. 3 (humor)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:30 am 

> Tom.

> I was in Ocean View last week, and drove on
> all 4 of the main roads and some little ones
> in the town yet #3 was nowhere to be found.
> Where is this development, and is the
> locomotive on display right on a road or is
> it not accessable?
> Where is this Gulf Stream Development.

Check out the development's construction railroad, and watch for the plume of smoke...... >;-D

LNER4472-NOSPAM-@bcpl.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Queen Anne's No. 3 (humor)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:06 am 

Well I found out about #3. I called Gulf Stream Development. The woman who answered the phone said #3 and some cars are right off the main street. They are across the street from the shopping center with the Blockbuster and Curves.
They are building a new shopping center, and number 3 and the cars are being turned into a restaurant. She said they are a little blocked from view from the raod, but you can drive and and see 3 and her cars.

Paul

plc95@yahoo.com


  
 
 Post subject: More wisecracks
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:56 am 

> Well I found out about #3. I called Gulf
> Stream Development. The woman who answered
> the phone said #3 and some cars are right
> off the main street. They are across the
> street from the shopping center with the
> Blockbuster and Curves.
> They are building a new shopping center, and
> number 3 and the cars are being turned into
> a restaurant.

Tell them that there are cheaper and easier ways to steam crabs and shrimp!

LNER4472-NOSPAM-@bcpl.net


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: