| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| UP 3985 Question https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7131 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | H Porter [ Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | UP 3985 Question |
A number of years ago there was an article in Trains magazine by the UP conductor (I think) who started the employee effort to restore UP 3985. It covered the project from conception to steam up. Does anyone recall which issue it was in. I know it was sometime in the early 1980's. Thanks, Howard |
|
| Author: | Alexander D. Mitchell IV [ Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:48 am ] |
| Post subject: | Try this index........... |
> A number of years ago there was an article > in Trains magazine by the UP conductor (I > think) who started the employee effort to > restore UP 3985. It covered the project from > conception to steam up. Does anyone recall > which issue it was in. I know it was > sometime in the early 1980's. November 1982, page 32. This would be a good excuse for me to plug the free online magazine index at the link below. It requires registration with Kalmbach Publishing Company, but as far as I know: 1) it's free; 2) you can plug in phony info and it still works; and 3) I have never noticed any relevant increase in spam from my registration (as in, they don't spam you weekly to subscribe to Model Railroader). The index covers ALL of Trains and Model Railroader, plus CTC Board, Diesel Era, Railfan & Railroad, and others from 1990 to present, plus a host of modeling magazines and books. Searches are possible by keywords, subjects, title text, etc. It's the perfect answer to these aggravating "when was this article I need?" searches, and I use it often. Please use it and support the efforts of Bob Hayden and the rest of the Kalmbach staff responsible for it--they're doing a wonderful archive job on a for-profit business site with little hope of cost recovery. The Model Train Magazine Index LNER4472-NOSPAM-@bcpl.net |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|