It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Horse Car
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:06 am 

For years a wooden B&M baggage car was part of the shop facility of the Green Mountain at North Walpole, NH. Within the last few years it was set aside at the end of the Cheshire Branch at Cold River with a newer steel coach, both in rough shape. Driving by there yesterday, I noticed the horse car gone, but the steel coach, which had one truck pushed off the end of the rails, was rerailed and back in place. Where did the horse car go?

davidwoodbury@adelphia.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Horse Car
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:31 pm 

The car was moved to the lower end of what we call the "Lower Back Mountain" track so that we could get at the other car to rerail it.

If ANYONE wants either of these cars, they are FREE just for removing them!!!! The steel car is one of the few examples of a non-air conditioned Pullman coach anywhere in N. America and needs some tender loving steel work to fix some of the rust. The wood car is in pretty decent shape and would make a great static display room. However, it needs to find a home SOON!!! It will not last long in its present location as it is a damp spot. BOTH cars will have to leave via highway as many others have from the area as they cannot move on their own wheels except locally.


gmrcshop@hotmail.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Horse Car
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:11 pm 

Hello,

Could you please post histories, numbers, and some pictures of these cars. If you do not have a way to scan or post pictures I can give you a hand.

Tom Cornillie


rrhistorian@hotmail.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Horse Car
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:35 pm 

> Hello,

> Could you please post histories, numbers,
> and some pictures of these cars. If you do
> not have a way to scan or post pictures I
> can give you a hand.

> Tom Cornillie

I know I've got some pictures here on the computer, but I've searched hard without success. If someone is SERIOUSLY interested, I'd volunteer to take some more, assuming permission from Jerry Hebda. Let me know offline if I should go to the trouble.


davidwoodbury@adelphia.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Horse Car
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:15 pm 

Jerry works in Burlington now. Check in with me at the shop.

gmrcshop@hotmail.com


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: