| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| HK Porter 0-6-0t BEDT # 16 https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7196 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Mike Arnold [ Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | HK Porter 0-6-0t BEDT # 16 |
Hi my name is Michael Arnold and I am the 20 year old project manager on the Cosmetic Restoration of BEDT 16 at the railroad Museum of Long Island. Does anyone know if there are any Porter web sites or any information on the 16 or any of her BEDT 16 Sisters. Thank You, Mike Arnold http://RMLI.org BEDT15@aol.com |
|
| Author: | R. Hahn [ Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:35 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: HK Porter 0-6-0t BEDT # 16 |
You could check out the link below. It has a builders photo as well as in service photos, two in color, of #16. > Hi my name is Michael Arnold and I am the 20 > year old project manager on the Cosmetic > Restoration of BEDT 16 at the railroad > Museum of Long Island. Does anyone know if > there are any Porter web sites or any > information on the 16 or any of her BEDT 16 > Sisters. > Thank You, > Mike Arnold Brooklyn Eastern District Terminal #16 belpaire@aol.com |
|
| Author: | Mike Arnold [ Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:16 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: HK Porter 0-6-0t BEDT # 16 |
> You could check out the link below. It has a > builders photo as well as in service photos, > two in color, of #16. Thanks I knew about that site but thank you. BEDT15@aol.com |
|
| Author: | Jan K. Lorenzen [ Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:35 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: HK Porter 0-6-0t BEDT # 16 |
BEDT #16 resided at the foot of my street in Williamsburg Brooklyn for years after getting kicked out of the enginehouse on Kent Ave. I used her perch as a landmark for vistors. A famous photographer friend's photo of her hangs on a wall of my office. For those who don't already know on this list, BEDT #16 was the last steam loco in operation in New York City, 1962. I may be able to relay some stories I've heard about this loco if you want. janklorenzen@msn.com |
|
| Author: | Mike Arnold [ Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:00 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: HK Porter 0-6-0t BEDT # 16 |
> BEDT #16 resided at the foot of my street in > Williamsburg Brooklyn for years after > getting kicked out of the enginehouse on > Kent Ave. I used her perch as a landmark for > vistors. A famous photographer friend's > photo of her hangs on a wall of my office. > For those who don't already know on this > list, BEDT #16 was the last steam loco in > operation in New York City, 1962. > I may be able to relay some stories I've > heard about this loco if you want. That would be great thank you BEDT15@aol.com |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|