Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

little river press
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7209
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Pete McFall [ Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:40 pm ]
Post subject:  little river press

anybody having problems recieving books from little river press? or is 2 months normal? still waiting for book ordered and paid for in August.



pmcfall@prodigy.net

Author:  S. Wayne Eissele [ Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: little river press

> anybody having problems recieving books from
> little river press? or is 2 months normal?
> still waiting for book ordered and paid for
> in August.
I've had a book ordered since early September. Phone messages go unanswered. I hear the operation is overwhelmed since going on the net.

http://www.strasburgrailroad.com
wayne@strasburgrailroad.com

Author:  Pete McFall [ Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: little river press

received email 8/17 that it would be shipped that week.

pmcfall@prodigy.net

Author:  Jack Nansen [ Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: little river press

> anybody having problems recieving books from
> little river press? or is 2 months normal?
> still waiting for book ordered and paid for
> in August.

I've had things disappear in the US Mail in the last year. The Postal Dept. says they'll put out a tracer and that is as far as it goes.
I've contacted the shipper and they make it good.

j.nansen@worldnet.att.net

Author:  Roger [ Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: little river press

>Yes, I did get a return phone call about the order. They said we will look into it and see what happened, then nothing! so 2 months isn't bad compaired to my 6 months with nothing!

Author:  jhs [ Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: little river press

Im still waiting for the rest of the magazine I ordered from this guy 3 years ago. The first "issue" I got was nothing more than a newsletter with a promise of more to follow. Still waiting...... I wouldnt recommend buying anything from this guy.

Author:  Pete McFall [ Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: little river press

thanks for the input - in the mean time I still need a copy of the Santa Fe enginmans book- we refer to it as the "Brown Book". its used as part of the training for fireman and engineer.

pmcfall@prodigy.net

Author:  Ed Selinsky [ Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: little river press

> Im still waiting for the rest of the
> magazine I ordered from this guy 3 years
> ago. The first "issue" I got was
> nothing more than a newsletter with a
> promise of more to follow. Still
> waiting...... I wouldnt recommend buying
> anything from this guy.

I have purchased many books from Little River Press and found Ken Riddle, the owner, to be an upstanding guy. He has changed his computer programs several times over the years and at one time, maybe about a year ago, he lost some data on orders in a computer crash. I would suggest calling him and I believe he will try to make things right by you. He has supplied an awful lot of good steam technical knowledge at a reasonable price.


eselinsky@new.rr.com

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/