| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| L&N U-25 1616 Parts Donor https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7214 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | LocoEngineer [ Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:15 am ] |
| Post subject: | L&N U-25 1616 Parts Donor |
I heard, via a co-worker, that L&N 1616 gave up some parts to keep another locomotive running. Question: Wasn't that unit "preserved" in the B&O Museum ? locoeng@verizon.net |
|
| Author: | Joshua K. Blay [ Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: L&N U-25 1616 Parts Donor |
I don't know the hows, whens and whys but... From Baltimore it went to TVRM at Chattanooga. From what I have been able to find on the net, its currently at RMDI in Pittson, PA. Joshua Homepage joshua@joshuakblay.com |
|
| Author: | Dave Crosby [ Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: L&N U-25 1616 Parts Donor |
Hello All I'm not sure of the background of the unit or anything like that, but I believe the main Generator from that engine is now in the DL's ex EL C425 #2461. Dave Crosby bing@epix.net |
|
| Author: | David M. Wilkins [ Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: L&N U-25 1616 Parts Donor |
From what I understand, the L&N U25 was owned by the B&O Museum for a number of years. Several years ago, it was loaned to TVRM for static display. The L&N historical society made a donation, and TVRM repainted the locomotive into its L&N Confederate Gray and yellow scheme. B&O decided to sell the locomotive a few years ago, and I don't know what happened as far as it not going to a museum. I don't know if TVRM didn't want it, or B&O failed to offer it to other museums. Anyway, it is out of preservation now, and evidently become a parts source. Gee, wish we knew B&O was going to sell it! We wouldn't have bought another locomotive, but would have rather bought a real L&N locomotive david.wilkins@bardstown.com |
|
| Author: | LocoEngineer [ Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:34 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: L&N U-25 1616 Parts Donor |
Gee, I guess that it goes to show you that the word "preservation" is relative. > From what I understand, the L&N U25 was > owned by the B&O Museum for a number of > years. Several years ago, it was loaned to > TVRM for static display. The L&N > historical society made a donation, and TVRM > repainted the locomotive into its L&N > Confederate Gray and yellow scheme. B&O > decided to sell the locomotive a few years > ago, and I don't know what happened as far > as it not going to a museum. I don't know if > TVRM didn't want it, or B&O failed to > offer it to other museums. Anyway, it is out > of preservation now, and evidently become a > parts source. Gee, wish we knew B&O was > going to sell it! We wouldn't have bought > another locomotive, but would have rather > bought a real L&N locomotive locoeng@verizon.net |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|