Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Galesburg & Great Eastern website
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7313
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:25 am ]
Post subject:  Galesburg & Great Eastern website

I think I've mentioned this before, but an interesting site devoted to this abandoned Illinois shortline coal hauler that had some ex-CRI&P 2-8-0s. A depot, enginehouse and water tank apparently still exist, though the fate of their last Whitcomb diesels is unclear.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/roconnor/ggeindex.htm
ryarger@rypn.org

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:27 am ]
Post subject:  Hoopole, Yorktown & Tampico

Attached to the site above is this one devoted to the HY&T shortline (in Illinois also), which Beebe & Clegg visited in their Mixed Train Daily book.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/roconnor/hytindex.htm
ryarger@rypn.org

Author:  Jim Tighe [ Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hoopole, Yorktown & Tampico

> Attached to the site above is this one
> devoted to the HY&T shortline (in
> Illinois also), which Beebe & Clegg
> visited in their Mixed Train Daily book.
I am delighted to have stumbled upon this site. For some time, I have been planning a model of the H, Y & T, using Marx, Lionel or possibly battery-powered locos on plastic track. I have a Marx engine, Lionel slope-back tender and Marx caboose body-on-a-Lionel chugging tender platform ready to re-create the train pictured in MTD. The real challenge will come in replicating the overgrown r-o-w while still leaving the wheels in contact with the rails. Many thanks for posting this site. Does anyone know if there are similar sites for the Ferdinand and L.N.A.&C.?

justighe@bright.net

Author:  Kevin Gillespie [ Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Tampico's Other Claim to Fame

Tampico isbetter known as the birthplace of the 40th President of the United States, Ronald Wilson Reagan, born there on February 6, 1911.

kevin.r.gillespie@verizon.net

Author:  Jim Tighe [ Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tampico's Other Claim to Fame

> Tampico isbetter known as the birthplace of
> the 40th President of the United States,
> Ronald Wilson Reagan, born there on February
> 6, 1911.
Frankly, I like the railroad connection much better.

justighe@bright.net

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/