| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Northfield turntable https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7437 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Bob Yarger [ Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Northfield turntable |
GN-style turntable, I think at Northfield, Minnesota on the Minneapolis, Northfield & Southern. Is it still there? http://community.webshots.com/photo/60191094/98583974JCcacY ryarger@rypn.org |
|
| Author: | Jim Vaitkunas [ Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Northfield turntable |
Yep, definitely GN design. However, GN didn't run into Northfield. Dan Patch Line must have purchased this from GN and installed it down there. I haven't been down to Northfield in several months. But I do not recall ever seeing it down there so I suspect it's long gone. I will check next time I'm down there. Jim Vaitkunas Minnesota Trans. Museum http://www.mtmuseum.org jvaitkunas@msn.com |
|
| Author: | Joshua K. Blay [ Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Northfield turntable |
I'm not a turntable expert, but I think that is pretty neat looking- setting, the rail, the table etc. Any guesses on how long it is? Joshua Homepage |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|