It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Steamtown Questions from the days of VT/NH
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:22 pm 

Hello

I'm hoping some of the folks involved with Steamtown in the days before Scranton might be able to help me out with a few questions. I have a number of old Steamtown postcards, and I'm trying to organize a general chronology.

1). I'm under the impression that the yellow wooden coaches were first excursion trainset, is this correct?

2). When did the CNJ coaches arrive, were the wooden coaches retired upon their arrival?

3). What was the operating lifespan of the B&M Mountainier Diner at Steamtown?

4). Roughly, what years did the CP 1278 masquerade as the 127?

5). One of the CP pacifics (1246?) was decked out as a Rutland engine, any time frame?

6). When CNR 89 ran, did it first have a low headlight and then have the headlight mounted high? I have postcards of it in both configurations.

7). What year did the B&M 3713 go to the Boston Museum of Science?

8). When did the CP Pacifics go from "Green Mountain" lettering to thie other paint schemes, was this upon Blount's passing?

I realize this is some obscure stuff, but maybe Howard or J. David (or anyone else for that matter) might be able to help out here. I do appreicate any help whatsoever.

Dave Crosby


bing@epix.net


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: