Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Longest tourist railroad?
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8136
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jack [ Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:41 am ]
Post subject:  Longest tourist railroad?

Just to keep it light on this board, I've got a question for you knowledgeable types out there.

I was at a luncheon today with the local chamber of commerce. Representing the only tourist railroad in the area, I often get asked questions about our business. A gentleman inquired as to whether I knew what and where was the longest tourist railroad in the U.S. This would be exclusively a tourist hauler, no freight service, e.g. Ohio Central.

Most of the tourist lines I know of are short ones, including ours (7 miles of track).The ones that came to my mind were the Durango and Silverton and the Cumbres and Toltec. If you want to differentiate between narrow and standard gauge, OK. Any help on this one?

Thanks,

Jack



East Troy Electric Railroad
jftrolley@aol.com

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/