| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Stock car display https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8151 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Bob Yarger [ Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:25 am ] |
| Post subject: | Stock car display |
At Hardin, Montana. Looks nice. Anyone know more about this display? http://community.webshots.com/photo/44003646/44003802pQEFOa ryarger@rypn.org |
|
| Author: | L Beckman [ Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Stock car display |
> At Hardin, Montana. Looks nice. Anyone know > more about this display? Nice looking car. Sure wish we had it at our museum. In fact, I wish we had ANY stock car at our museum! Les Beckman (Hoosier Valley Railroad Museum/North Judson, Indiana) midlandblb@cs.com |
|
| Author: | Doug Krymkowski [ Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:41 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Stock car display |
> Nice looking car. Sure wish we had it at our > museum. In fact, I wish we had ANY stock car > at our museum! > Les Beckman (Hoosier Valley Railroad > Museum/North Judson, Indiana) I visited this museum last year. I agree, nice car. They also have a CB&Q caboose that is in nice shape, a BAP caboose that needs restoration and a coach of unkown heritage. Currently the coach is on blocks with a tarp over the roof. I saw no signs of trucks (they could be elsewhere). The museum also has a restored CB&Q depot that originaly in Grass Lodge, MT. The rest of the grounds is a collection of restored (and I mean restored) buildings collected from around the area. They also have a collection of old vehicles (most not restored). There is a very nice and clean visitors center at the museum. The town of Hardin also has its depot intact and was is the process of being converted to a chamber of commerce building. toby.cat@prodigy.net |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|