Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Looks pretty authentic
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8165
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Looks pretty authentic

Much like I remember from childhood, as the Rocky Mountain Rocket changed crews in my hometown. I think about the only thing innacurate for 1952 on this engine is the freight type pilot, added after a collision in the late 1950s. By then, the unit had been repainted into one of the Rock Island's simpler paint schemes, which got steadily more depressing until the railroad quit in 1980.

http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi?june03/06-12-03/rock652-2.jpg
ryarger@rypn.org

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Builders photo

The much-published photo from LaGrange.

> Much like I remember from childhood, as the
> Rocky Mountain Rocket changed crews in my
> hometown. I think about the only thing
> innacurate for 1952 on this engine is the
> freight type pilot, added after a collision
> in the late 1950s. By then, the unit had
> been repainted into one of the Rock Island's
> simpler paint schemes, which got steadily
> more depressing until the railroad quit in
> 1980.


http://www.rockisl.com/cgi-bin/display.asp?f=1&e=1&n=235
ryarger@rypn.org

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Bi-Centennial

1976 photo.

http://www.rockisl.com/cgi-bin/display.asp?f=1&e=1&n=22
ryarger@rypn.org

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Drabbest of the drab- all maroon

1960s photo on the Rocky Mountain Rocket in Colorado. It was a pretty sad railroad by this time. I think this unit wore about 8 different paint schemes before it was retired, with only the first attractive. We're lucky it looks so nice today.


http://photoswest.org/cgi-bin/imager?00005926+OP-5926
ryarger@rypn.org

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/