| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Builder's Plates replicas https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8182 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Stephen Syfrett [ Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:15 am ] |
| Post subject: | Builder's Plates replicas |
We are in the process of having some duplicate builder's plates made for Georgia Northern 107 (Ex FEC 88, ALCO 1911) so that one pair can be put on the engine for display and the originals safely stored. In talking with the museum Executive Director today, the subject came up of using mounted aluminum duplicates as a fund raising gift to persons or companies making donations of significant size. Does anyone have any experience in this type of gift use, it's success of failure? I know there are a lot of variables to be considered, but I am looking for some general feedback. Or alternately, might we be better off selling them in the gift shop or as a promotion with a very limited run? How much ($) might we be able to get for them (keeping in mind these would be full size, not mini-duplicates like I've started seeing at some train shows)? I am also having a few of the superheater patent plates cast, again in aluminum. Are these considered very collectable? Thanks in advance for your input. Stephen Syfrett ssyfrett@bellsouth.net |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|