Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

"F" unit on "Monk"
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8189
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Alan Levy [ Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:53 pm ]
Post subject:  "F" unit on "Monk"

I happened to catch the last few minutes of the TV show "Monk" the other night. A passenger train with an F was used in the show. Does anyone know which railroad or museum this was? The unit appeared to be a WP scheme more or less.

Thanks,

Alan Levy

alanl759@aol.com

Author:  Dave Crosby [ Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "F" unit on "Monk"

Hello Alan

Just offhand, without seeing the episode, I would wager from you description that the unit is from the Filmore & Western Railroad in California, which specializes movie work.

You might have seen some commercials for the movie "Torque" in which a couple idiots have a motorcycle chase on top of a train, I'm pretty sure this is shot at the F&W as well.

Dave Crosby

bing@epix.net

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/