| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| UP 3985 https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8197 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Dennis Slone [ Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | UP 3985 |
Anyone in the St. Louis area know what type of problems the 3985 has? I went to chase it today South of St. Louis and it was a no show. I heard from another chaser that it had some problems and never left St. Louis. The UP website confirms this but does not name the problem. ddsx238@hotmail.com |
|
| Author: | John H. [ Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: UP 3985 |
The official word, copied from Trainorders.com, but also heard with my own ears from a member of the crew... The crew discovered a blister on a circulator tube in the firebox. They plan to cut out the section and replace it and are hoping for a Wednesday morning departure. I didn't find out about this until I got to St. Louis yesterday and went down to see it on display, after driving 450 miles just to chase it down to Pine Bluff (and to add to that, the hotel I had reservations at wouldn't give me a room because I'm under 21). It's a huge dissapointment, but I hope that they have a trouble free run for the remainder of the trip. higginson_john@hotmail.com |
|
| Author: | William [ Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:08 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: UP 3985 |
Try the link below. 3985 troubles |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|