Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Forney Museum (Denver) Relocation Question
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8247
Page 1 of 1

Author:  BrianF [ Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Forney Museum (Denver) Relocation Question

I was doing some reading a few minutes ago and was reminded of the Forney Museum being relocated. Does anyone know what became of all of their railroad equipment?

Eveyone goes "on (and on)" about the Big Boy, but what of the wrecking crane, D&RG coach, UP rotary snow plow, C&NW 10 wheeler and... I'm especially curious about the coaches that were on the east side of the building.

brianf425@yahoo.com

Author:  Jason Midyette [ Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Forney Museum (Denver) Relocation Question

Most evrything the Forney museum had made the trip to the new site. The crane, Rio Grande dining car, rotary , C&Nw 4-6-0 444 etc are all inside the new building.

As for the coaches on the east side of the old building, all but one of them are at the new site. The exception is Colorado & Southern coach 543 (later outfit car 99092) which I purchased from the Forney Museum after the move. This car is now stored at the Boulder County Railway Historical Society site in Boulder, Colorado and I am slowly working on it. It has been repainted to the lovley C&S maintenance of way orange. Some photos of it are on the BCRHS website at www.boulderrail.org

Jason Midyette

> I was doing some reading a few minutes ago
> and was reminded of the Forney Museum being
> relocated. Does anyone know what became of
> all of their railroad equipment?

> Eveyone goes "on (and on)" about
> the Big Boy, but what of the wrecking crane,
> D&RG coach, UP rotary snow plow,
> C&NW 10 wheeler and... I'm especially
> curious about the coaches that were on the
> east side of the building.


Boulder County Railway Historical Society
amjm@indra.com

Author:  BrianF [ Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Thanks! *NM*

brianf425@yahoo.com

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/