| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Almost free software from Microsoft for 501c3 orgs https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8260 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Randy Gustafson [ Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | Almost free software from Microsoft for 501c3 orgs |
I've seen this before but the program just got a whole lot better as of January 1. Many software companies, including Microsoft, 'donate' software to nonprofit organizations in an organized manner. This is legal and above-board - I have several clients that use this. You can get a wide variety of software licenses and titles here - now including some really BIG BUCK items like Microsoft Server 2003 and SQL Server. I just saved a client over $4000 with that one. The catch is that there's a limit of stuff per calendar year, but most railroad-type 501c3's are eligible for the program. Need five Windows XP upgrades? How about $8.00 per license??? Limit of six, every calendar year... one freebie like this per organization per year, so plan ahead. I don't get anything from this - as you can see, there's certainly no money in it! But I do hate to see tourist railroads and museums suffering along with obsolete software. Tech Soup Software Donation program randygustafson@stoneconsulting.com |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|