Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Truckee railyard question
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8269
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Truckee railyard question

Re: the Altamont Press story below: Does anything historic remain in the old railyard at Truckee, CA, now being developed? I seem to recall hearing of a stone enginehouse or roundhouse some years ago.

http://railroadnews.net/news/1-21.html
ryarger@rypn.org

Author:  Roger Stabler [ Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Truckee railyard question

The stone engine house was gone before 1940, I dont know the exact date, But I think it was shortly after the double tracking project. The only engine structure used to be a pole barn where the steam helpers were kept at the west end of truckee yard just east of the depot. The old lumber mill and balloon track area are just a graded dirt area now. The only structure is one building that the railroad shared with LP lumber for MofW and Snow crews to go on duty.

rstabler@sbcglobal.net

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/