Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Lee Tidewater #4 updates?
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8281
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Handsome Devil [ Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Lee Tidewater #4 updates?

Anybody have any info on how the Hardin group is coming along with the Lee Tidewater #4? Next time I get down that way I plan on stopping in to see her, she's kind of cute. Regards, John.

springfield@tds.net

Author:  Bruce Pierce [ Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Lee Tidewater #4 updates?

John,
As of this past fall, we have all of the tubes out of #4, the cab off and are in the process of needle gunning the inside shell of the boiler.
This past year we did not get as much done on her as we had planned, due to some other issues that required us to shift our efforts to.

We will keep the group updated on the progress we make.
Bruce Pierce
Mid-South Rail Heritage Foundation

> Anybody have any info on how the Hardin
> group is coming along with the Lee Tidewater
> #4? Next time I get down that way I plan on
> stopping in to see her, she's kind of cute.
> Regards, John.


http://www.midsouthrail.org
brucepierce@frankelectro.com

Author:  Handsome Devil [ Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lee Tidewater #4 updates?

Thanks for the response Bruce. I really like that engine, wish I lived closer so I could help out. Good luck and let us know what you find, hopefully good news on the fire box. John

> John,
> As of this past fall, we have all of the
> tubes out of #4, the cab off and are in the
> process of needle gunning the inside shell
> of the boiler.
> This past year we did not get as much done
> on her as we had planned, due to some other
> issues that required us to shift our efforts
> to.

> We will keep the group updated on the
> progress we make.
> Bruce Pierce
> Mid-South Rail Heritage Foundation


springfield@tds.net

Author:  Stuart Hale [ Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lee Tidewater #4 updates? *PIC*

> Thanks for the response Bruce. I really like
> that engine, wish I lived closer so I could
> help out. Good luck and let us know what you
> find, hopefully good news on the fire box.
> John

Something that wasn't mentioned, but is like most museums, is that you may not be able to help physically, but any contributions you would care to send, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stuart

Mid-South Rail Heritage Foundation
Image
davenport6_1941@msn.com

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/