Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

SP&S F unit
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8292
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:42 am ]
Post subject:  SP&S F unit

Interesting blurb on SP&S F units being used to dieselize the passenger train to Astoria, Oregon (I believe that line now has a passengr train with RDCs). I seem to recall that at least one SP&S passenger F may have survived. Is that correct? If so, where?

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,674147
ryarger@rypn.org

Author:  JJ [ Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SP&S F unit

> Interesting blurb on SP&S F units being
> used to dieselize the passenger train to
> Astoria, Oregon (I believe that line now has
> a passengr train with RDCs). I seem to
> recall that at least one SP&S passenger
> F may have survived. Is that correct? If so,
> where?

Former SP&S F7A #804 was one of two F's used on the Minnesota Zephyr dinner train as #787 out of Stillwater, MN. Not sure if this train is still in operation.

Author:  Boyd Owens [ Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SP&S F unit *PIC*

The Minnesota Zephyr dinner train is still operating, and as a matter of fact has an image of #787 on their home page of their web site (linked below).


Minnesota Zephyr
Image
bowens@rypn.org

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/