| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| History of the Auto Train https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8305 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Georgia Burnette [ Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | History of the Auto Train |
I am researching the origins og the Auto Train from its' private ownership and default to takeover by Amtrak.Any information would be greatly appreciated. I have been refered to several magazines, "Trains" (1/73 12/74and 12/92), Passenger Train Journal especially May 1995, article by Bill Riddell, and Rail News 7/97, but do not know how to locate them. Thank You Gerogia Burnette PS. I have contacted Amtrack. gmburnette@adelphia.net |
|
| Author: | Alexander D. Mitchell IV [ Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: History of the Auto Train |
> I am researching the origins og the Auto > Train from its' private ownership and > default to takeover by Amtrak.Any > information would be greatly appreciated. > I have been refered to several magazines, > "Trains" (1/73 12/74and 12/92), > Passenger Train Journal especially May 1995, > article by Bill Riddell, and Rail News 7/97, > but do not know how to locate them. > Thank You > Gerogia Burnette > PS. I have contacted Amtrack. Amtrak will be next to useless in this mission. You don't indicate where you are, but I believe the Maryland Rail Heritage Library has all the aqbove magazines in its files plus a couple other articles as well. You can contact me at LNER4472@bcpl.net to set up an appointment or have us do the legwork for a donation. LNER4472-NOSPAM-@bcpl.net |
|
| Author: | Alan Maples [ Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: History of the Auto Train |
> I am researching the origins og the Auto > Train from its' private ownership and > default to takeover by Amtrak.Any > information would be greatly appreciated. The Atlantic Coast Line & Seaboard Air Line Historical Society has an excellent quarterly publication ("Lines South") which recently featured a very thorough history of the Auto-Train Company. Contact them at www.aclsal.org for more information. Alan Maples ACL & SCL Historical Society AMaples@aol.com |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|