It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: unknown locomotive
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:08 pm 

I stopped yesterday to watch the BNSF pass by at a grade crossing south of Bend OR parallel to Hwy 97. The 4 engine power setup had BNSF, BN, Montana RailLink and FURX locomotives. Anyone know what the FURX is? I've not seen this one before.

thanx

dan

svry@cmc.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: unknown locomotive
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:19 pm 

Not a "railway preservation" question, but what the heck...

FURX is First Union Leasing. It could be Wachovia since the merger, but I'm not sure about that.

The units are SD-40-2's.

-Alan Levy


alanl759@aol.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: unknown locomotive
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:30 pm 

thanks, and who knows, may need preserving some day.

dan

svry@cmc.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: unknown locomotive
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:00 pm 

> FURX is First Union Leasing. It could be
> Wachovia since the merger, but I'm not sure
> about that.

Owned by Wachovia now, but still d.b.a First Union Rail I think.

Here's the Web site:
http://www.firstunionrail.com/

eledbetter@rypn.org


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: