Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

To be repeated?
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8342
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:27 pm ]
Post subject:  To be repeated?

Santa Fe photo from 1950. The 3450 still exists, and so do some Alco PAs.

http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi?june03/06-22-03/ATSF72and3450inCalif-Feb50-PhilKauke.jpg
ryarger@rypn.org

Author:  Jim Fitzgerald [ Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To be repeated?

> Santa Fe photo from 1950. The 3450 still
> exists, and so do some Alco PAs.
Bob, for some reason I can't view the photo, get the dreaded "red X". I'd like to see it as it's title says "Phil Kauke" who is the 80-something engineer for the 3751 and one of the world's great guys.


fitzrr@pioneer.net

Author:  Ted Miles [ Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: To be repeated?

bob,

About the PAs in Santa Fe colors I don't think it is going to happen any time soon.

Isn't the one in Portland going to be restored as a Nickel Plate locomotive?

And the Smithsonian has just put up a new Transportation exhibit, which did not get the PA. So it will be 50 years before another new Transportation (not railroad exhibit is funded.

So I think it will be either American Flyer or Lionel models on your wall for a long time to come.

Glad the steam engine is still with us.

Ted Miles

ted_miles@nps.gov

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/