Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Railroad Object Cataloguing Terminology
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8353
Page 1 of 1

Author:  K.R. Bell [ Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Railroad Object Cataloguing Terminology

Thomas T. Taber III passed this email along to me, and I'd thought I'd share it with the rest of the board. It pertains to British naming terminology of railway artifacts for museum cataloguing purposes, something we lack here in the U.S. (hint, hint, ARM!! A possible project!). Perhaps we could something along these lines for Chenhall. It would be a real improvement. Click on the link below to access the theasaurus of terms.

Dear Sirs

A copy of your e-mail message has been passed to me by Phil Atkins, the
Museum's Research Centre Manager. I can confirm that a terminology does
exist for cataloguing museum objects. It was printed in 2002 in conjunction
with mda and a working group led by the National Railway Museum. Printed
copies are available for purchase from:-

mda
The Spectrum Building
The Michael Young Centre
Purbeck Road
Cambridge
CB2 2PD
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1223 415760
Fax: +44 (0)1223 415960
e-mail: mda@mda.org.uk

Alternatively the thesaurus is available on-line through the mda's website
at the following address.

http://www.mda.org.uk/index.htm

I hope that the above is useful.

Regards

Sarah Norville
Records Manager
National Railway Museum
Leeman Road
York

Author:  K.R. Bell [ Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Here's the Missing Link

http://www.mda.org.uk/railway/index.htm

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/