Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

LV U23B Saved for Sayre Society
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8357
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Joshua [ Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:10 pm ]
Post subject:  LV U23B Saved for Sayre Society

http://www.railroad.net/forums/messages ... icID=22682

Joshua

Author:  Dave K [ Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: LV U23B Saved for Sayre Society

Ya mean it ain't gonna run :-)

>
> http://www.railroad.net/forums/messages ... icID=22682

> Joshua


newhaven0401-NOSPAM-@verizon.net

Author:  Scot Lawrence [ Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: LV U23B Saved for Sayre Society

> Ya mean it ain't gonna run :-)

no where to run it! ;)
and nothing to run it for..
IMO its a miracle enough just to get the thing saved, painted, and on display in Sayre!
(User Above) wrote:
:)

As I understand it, (im not a member of the group in Sayre) they have 2 former LV U23B's to choose from, neither are in operating shape, havent run in many years, and im sure never will again..
but thats ok!
the Sayre group doesent have the facilities, money, opportunity or desire to run anything, they arent a tourist line, just a museum..
I think its FANTASTIC news this engine is coming to Sayre!
I always wanted to get a C-420 for Sayre back in the 80's, but could never do it..
now they did it with a U23!
congratulation to Greg and the crew in Sayre..
Scot



sscotsman@yahoo.com

Author:  Alexander D. Mitchell IV [ Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: LV U23B Saved for Sayre Society

Anyone know where the two they have to choose from are? I'm guessing either Pittston (RMDI) or Reading & Northern.....

LNER4472-NOSPAM-@bcpl.net

Author:  Christopher Hauf [ Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: LV U23B Saved for Sayre Society

Alexander,

From my understanding, it is one of the two units at RMDI. I believe it is the one that was not wreck damaged on the R&N.

Until later,
Chris


R&GV RR Museum
crhauf@frontiernet.net

Author:  Dave K [ Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: LV U23B Saved for Sayre Society

Scot,

I was KIDDING !!!
IMHO, the credo that "everything has to run" is nonsense.

Worry about that stuff later-if it needs to be dealt with at all.

Static display is better than razor blades...

DK

> no where to run it! ;)
> and nothing to run it for..
> IMO its a miracle enough just to get the
> thing saved, painted, and on display in
> Sayre!
> :)
> As I understand it, (im not a member of the
> group in Sayre) they have 2 former LV U23B's
> to choose from, neither are in operating
> shape, havent run in many years, and im sure
> never will again..
> but thats ok!
> the Sayre group doesent have the facilities,
> money, opportunity or desire to run
> anything, they arent a tourist line, just a
> museum..
> I think its FANTASTIC news this engine is
> coming to Sayre!
> I always wanted to get a C-420 for Sayre
> back in the 80's, but could never do it..
> now they did it with a U23!
> congratulation to Greg and the crew in
> Sayre..
> Scot


newhaven0401-NOSPAM-@verizon.net

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/