| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Whitcomb critter page https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8642 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Bob Yarger [ Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Whitcomb critter page |
Lots of tiny locomotives. http://www.northeast.railfan.net/diesel96.html ryarger@rypn.org |
|
| Author: | Bob Yarger [ Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Thousand Islands Whitcomb |
I think this one was an electric steeple cab originally. Does it still look like this or has it deteriorated? http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/tir500.jpg ryarger@rypn.org |
|
| Author: | G. Jenista [ Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thousand Islands Whitcomb |
> I think this one was an electric steeple cab > originally. Actually, no. A previous discussion thread [whether on RyPN or another list, I don't recall] resulted in information that Thousand Islands #500 was built from the outset as a gas-electric [later converted to diesel] switcher. There was recently a website put out by the group that restored it (alas, URL unkown).. hi_plain@yahoo.com |
|
| Author: | R.L.Kennedy [ Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thousand Islands Whitcomb |
> I think this one was an electric steeple cab > originally. Does it still look like this or > has it deteriorated? Correct it was rebuilt from an electric loco. See article linked herewith. Last I heard it was not too bad looking. Early Diesels oldtimetrains@sympatico.ca |
|
| Author: | Ken Jones [ Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thousand Islands Whitcomb |
Somewhere among all my pictures i have some shots of it from 2 yrs ago....I looks pretty much the same as the picture you posted Bob....I'll hunt them down and send a couple over to you.... Ken Niagara Falls Railway Museum digitekfx@kwic.com |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|