Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Hey Ted - marine pres.
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8647
Page 1 of 1

Author:  dave [ Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Hey Ted - marine pres.

Tried following a link from English Pravda today and got lost in Cyrillic regarding raising and refloating the Admiral Graf Spee. Do you know anything about it?

dave

irondave@bellsouth.net

Author:  Terry Terrible [ Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hey Ted - marine pres.

> Tried following a link from English Pravda
> today and got lost in Cyrillic regarding
> raising and refloating the Admiral Graf
> Spee. Do you know anything about it?

> dave

>>>>> It isn't Pravda, but here is an edition piece that could interest you.

BBC Photo Gallery of Salvage

Author:  dave [ Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Hey Ted - marine pres.

Thanks Terrible, an interesting and very ambitious undertaking.

dave

irondave@bellsouth.net

Author:  James Hefner [ Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hey Ted - marine pres.

What I still haven't figured out from what I read so far (and would like to know) is where will the ship's remains being going once they are raised.

Will they all be restored together, or scattered among museums and private collectors?

-James Hefner
Hebrews 10:20a

> Thanks Terrible, an interesting and very
> ambitious undertaking.

> dave


Surviving World Steamships
james@survivingworldsteam.com

Author:  Ted Miles [ Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hey Ted - marine pres.

Guys,

I don't have anything to add but you have brought up an interesting story.

I don't think that they are trying to get the ship to one place, I guess it will be a lot of parts such as the USS hartford.

Ted Miles

ted_miles@nps.gov

Author:  Brian Norden [ Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Hey Ted - marine pres.

> I don't think that they are trying to get
> the ship to one place, I guess it will be a
> lot of parts such as the USS hartford.

The USS Hartford, David G. Farragut's flagship during the taking of Mobile and New Orleans, sunk at its berth at the age of 100 years. {Launched 22 November 1858 - sunk 20 November 1958}

It was from an era that we do not have any remaining examples. One of our losses.

Brian Norden

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/