| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Power Ball Lottery https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9048 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Hume Kading [ Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Power Ball Lottery |
Hey! Good News! I just won the 5 state Powerball Lottery. Exact amount isn't known at the moment, but looks like I'm getting in the neighborhood of $381 million tax free. So, I am of course going to share my good fortune with my railway preservation buddies. Looking for projects. Just let me know what you want to do and how much you need. Look forward to hearing from you soon. Railway Preservation News hkading@rypn.org |
|
| Author: | Jim Vaitkunas [ Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Power Ball Lottery |
Hume--you scamp. Oh! But if it was only true! We in the preservation bidness sure could use a sugar daddy. Thanks! Jim Vaitkunas Minnesota Trans Museum jvaitkunas@msn.com |
|
| Author: | Hugh Odom [ Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Power Ball Lottery |
I was sitting here wondering when the April 1st stuff was going to start.... I vote for a NYC Hudson semi-replica project. Use the same team that designs the 5AT project (a modernized 4-6-0 built to the "outline" of a British Rail 5MT) in the UK. You'd end up with a Hudson with more horsepower than a Niagara. Thanks for asking, Hugh > Hey! Good News! > I just won the 5 state Powerball Lottery. > Exact amount isn't known at the moment, but > looks like I'm getting in the neighborhood > of $381 million tax free. > So, I am of course going to share my good > fortune with my railway preservation > buddies. > Looking for projects. Just let me know what > you want to do and how much you need. > Look forward to hearing from you soon. The Ultimate Steam Page whodom2001@yahoo.com |
|
| Author: | Sammy King [ Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Power Ball Lottery |
> I was sitting here wondering when the April > 1st stuff was going to start.... > I vote for a NYC Hudson semi-replica > project. Use the same team that designs the > 5AT project (a modernized 4-6-0 built to the > "outline" of a British Rail 5MT) > in the UK. You'd end up with a Hudson with > more horsepower than a Niagara. > Thanks for asking, > Hugh Well, this definitely proves that none of us have anything better to do today. catdaddy@netecin.net |
|
| Author: | Wesley Paulson [ Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Home Shopping for Hume *PIC* |
Here are some opportunities for your investment interest. Wesley Hume's Shopping List
|
|
| Author: | L Beckman [ Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Power Ball Lottery |
> Hey! Good News! > I just won the 5 state Powerball Lottery. > Exact amount isn't known at the moment, but > looks like I'm getting in the neighborhood > of $381 million tax free. > So, I am of course going to share my good > fortune with my railway preservation > buddies. > Looking for projects. Just let me know what > you want to do and how much you need. > Look forward to hearing from you soon. Hume: Nice try! Les Beckman (Hoosier Valley Railroad Museum and well aware of what day it is!) midlandblb@cs.com |
|
| Author: | L Beckman [ Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Power Ball Lottery |
> Hume: > Nice try! > Les Beckman (Hoosier Valley Railroad Museum > and well aware of what day it is!) Hume: OK I'll play; as long as you won all those bucks and don't know what to do with them! I don't think I should ask for anything for our museum; we already have everything we need and all our equipment is restored and in fantastic condition. So I will ask that you spend some of your bucks on digging out the Pennsy J1 2-10-4 that went off Horseshoe Curve late enough in the steam era that the Pennsy felt it wasn't worth the money to try to haul it back up the mountain so just buried it where it lay. Of course...It WOULD be nice if you sent the engine back to our museum for display after you completely restore her. She will make a nice companion for our completely restored C&O Kanawha # 2789. Thanks! Les Beckman (HVRM/North Judson, Indiana) midlandblb@cs.com |
|
| Author: | T.J. Gaffney [ Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Power Ball Lottery |
Hey Les- He could finance that "extension" you guys were planning into Chicago----- TJ > Hume: > OK I'll play; as long as you won all those > bucks and don't know what to do with them! > I don't think I should ask for anything for > our museum; we already have everything we > need and all our equipment is restored and > in fantastic condition. So I will ask that > you spend some of your bucks on digging out > the Pennsy J1 2-10-4 that went off Horseshoe > Curve late enough in the steam era that the > Pennsy felt it wasn't worth the money to try > to haul it back up the mountain so just > buried it where it lay. Of course...It WOULD > be nice if you sent the engine back to our > museum for display after you completely > restore her. She will make a nice companion > for our completely restored C&O Kanawha > # 2789. > Thanks! > Les Beckman (HVRM/North Judson, Indiana) Port Huron Museum tjgaffney@phmuseum.org |
|
| Author: | Olaf the Red [ Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Power Ball Lottery |
or you can come to Long Island and did out the LIRR DD1 in Morris Park and also the steamers that are in there, and oh yea help restore BEDT 16 the last steamer to operate in revenue service on the east coast BEDT15@aol.com |
|
| Author: | Art Schwartz [ Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Power Ball Lottery |
Buy the East Broad Top artschwartz@sprintmail.com |
|
| Author: | justin [ Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:00 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Power Ball Lottery |
J1 at Horseshoe Curve, I think the entire PRR Historical sciety just went out there with bull dozers. Happy April 1st So what would i do with that much cash? Buy Steamtown and start buying engines left and right, The CP G5's in VA, C&O 614..... Restore a DM&IR 2-8-8-4 and Bring it to the Cartier in northern Quebec and run that on some of those ore trains up there. I can see it now, a huge plume of smoke as the engine pulls up hill at Mile 31, as blast out of the tunnel,though the cut around the curves and over the bridge. 150 ore cars behind it. Hay its my Dream. -Justin > Hume: > OK I'll play; as long as you won all those > bucks and don't know what to do with them! > I don't think I should ask for anything for > our museum; we already have everything we > need and all our equipment is restored and > in fantastic condition. So I will ask that > you spend some of your bucks on digging out > the Pennsy J1 2-10-4 that went off Horseshoe > Curve late enough in the steam era that the > Pennsy felt it wasn't worth the money to try > to haul it back up the mountain so just > buried it where it lay. Of course...It WOULD > be nice if you sent the engine back to our > museum for display after you completely > restore her. She will make a nice companion > for our completely restored C&O Kanawha > # 2789. > Thanks! > Les Beckman (HVRM/North Judson, Indiana) qcmrs18@yahoo.com |
|
| Author: | Bob Kutella [ Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:01 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Power Ball Lottery |
> Hey! Good News! > I just won the 5 state Powerball Lottery. > Exact amount isn't known at the moment, but > looks like I'm getting in the neighborhood > of $381 million tax free. > So, I am of course going to share my good > fortune with my railway preservation > buddies. > Looking for projects. Just let me know what > you want to do and how much you need. > Look forward to hearing from you soon. Hume, you should have read the fine print. I entered that lottery and the payout is one dollar per year for 381 million years. Bob Kutella 68trolley@comcast.net |
|
| Author: | Richard Glueck [ Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Power Ball Lottery |
> Oh! But if it was only true! We in the > preservation bidness sure could use a sugar > daddy. And yet, the term "all day sucker" comes to my mind.... glueck@maine.edu |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|