| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Former US Navy #3 0-6-0 https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9050 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Paul [ Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Former US Navy #3 0-6-0 |
I know form US NAVY, Philadelphia Navy Yard (nee Wawa and Concordville, Wilmington and Western, Queen Annes Railroad) 0-6-0 #3 is now in Ocean View Delaware. I know it is supposed to be in fron of a Shopping Center that is being built, and I know it is being made into a restaurant, but I need to know exactly WHERE it is, and also....does anybody have any pictures of it NOW in Ocean View or on The Wawa and Concordville? Paul plc95@yahoo.com |
|
| Author: | K.R. Bell [ Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Watch for Upcoming W&C Article |
This is slightly off-topic to Paul's request, but Rypn readers might be interested to know that my full-length Wawa & Concordville history article, titled "Daisy Pickers on Pennsy Lines: The Rise and Fall of the Wawa & Concordville Steam Railroad, 1966-1970," is slated to appear in the Fall 2004 issue of The High Line, published by the Philadelphia Chapter PRRT&HS. Editor Chuck Blardone anticipates that it should be ready for release by Labor Day. It will have LOTS of pictures of 3 and 37 in action on the W&C. Stay tuned. K.R. Bell > I know form US NAVY, Philadelphia Navy Yard > (nee Wawa and Concordville, Wilmington and > Western, Queen Annes Railroad) 0-6-0 #3 is > now in Ocean View Delaware. I know it is > supposed to be in fron of a Shopping Center > that is being built, and I know it is being > made into a restaurant, but I need to know > exactly WHERE it is, and also....does > anybody have any pictures of it NOW in Ocean > View or on The Wawa and Concordville? > Paul |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|