It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Former US Navy #3 0-6-0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:17 pm 

I know form US NAVY, Philadelphia Navy Yard (nee Wawa and Concordville, Wilmington and Western, Queen Annes Railroad) 0-6-0 #3 is now in Ocean View Delaware. I know it is supposed to be in fron of a Shopping Center that is being built, and I know it is being made into a restaurant, but I need to know exactly WHERE it is, and also....does anybody have any pictures of it NOW in Ocean View or on The Wawa and Concordville?

Paul



plc95@yahoo.com


  
 
 Post subject: Watch for Upcoming W&C Article
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:59 pm 

This is slightly off-topic to Paul's request, but Rypn readers might be interested to know that my full-length Wawa & Concordville history article, titled "Daisy Pickers on Pennsy Lines: The Rise and Fall of the Wawa & Concordville Steam Railroad, 1966-1970," is slated to appear in the Fall 2004 issue of The High Line, published by the Philadelphia Chapter PRRT&HS. Editor Chuck Blardone anticipates that it should be ready for release by Labor Day. It will have LOTS of pictures of 3 and 37 in action on the W&C. Stay tuned.

K.R. Bell
> I know form US NAVY, Philadelphia Navy Yard
> (nee Wawa and Concordville, Wilmington and
> Western, Queen Annes Railroad) 0-6-0 #3 is
> now in Ocean View Delaware. I know it is
> supposed to be in fron of a Shopping Center
> that is being built, and I know it is being
> made into a restaurant, but I need to know
> exactly WHERE it is, and also....does
> anybody have any pictures of it NOW in Ocean
> View or on The Wawa and Concordville?

> Paul


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: