| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Unusual Honor https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9069 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Doug Bailey [ Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:48 am ] |
| Post subject: | Unusual Honor |
In an article on trainorders.com concerning the relocation of SP 2252 at Roseville, CA, the following quote appeared: "Phase I is moving the locomotive, no easy chore, considering it weighed 142,250 pounds when fully loaded. Phase II involves proper lighting at its new site, a commemorative plague, refurbishing of the engine, plus sight improvements." I'm really curious about the commemorative plague...will it be bubonic, or what? I love typos. Union Electrc of Illinois No. 3 dougb@sunserver.com |
|
| Author: | George Kaplan [ Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Unusual Honor |
Typos? Perhaps typhos? [Another typo plague!] > I'm really curious about the commemorative > plague...will it be bubonic, or what? I love > typos. |
|
| Author: | Rick [ Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Unusual Honor |
Don't overlook the sight (site?) improvements. bakerst@best.com |
|
| Author: | Margaret (SP fan) [ Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Unusual Honor |
> In an article on trainorders.com concerning > the relocation of SP 2252 at Roseville, CA, > the following quote appeared: > "Phase I is moving the locomotive, no > easy chore, considering it weighed 142,250 > pounds when fully loaded. Phase II involves > proper lighting at its new site, a > commemorative plague, refurbishing of the > engine, plus sight improvements." > I'm really curious about the commemorative > plague...will it be bubonic, or what? I love > typos. Got 2 there! This is exactly why spell-check programs need *human beings* to proof-read the text. Both "plague" and "sight" are legitimate words, and are correctly spelled - but are the wrong words. This reminds me of something I read a while ago, that referred to a toll *bride*!! |
|
| Author: | sc 'doc' lewis [ Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:35 am ] |
| Post subject: | available for consultation |
> Don't overlook the sight (site?) > improvements. as a railroad preservation volunteer and professional optometrist, I resemble that comment! Heber Valley Railroad utweyesguy@aol.com |
|
| Author: | Stephen Hussar [ Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:52 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Unusual Honor |
"Plague," eh? Preservation -"contagious?" ;-) SJHussar@aol.com |
|
| Author: | Kevin Gillespie [ Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Unusual Honor |
> "Plague," eh? > Preservation -"contagious?" ;-) Let's hope it is! kevin.r.gillespie@verizon.net |
|
| Author: | Bob Yarger [ Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | SP 2252 |
I hope someone out there helps those guys with proper preparation for moving this engine. When I corresponded with them about polishing and greasing journals, etc., they responded that it didn't matter because the engine was only going to be a static display and the bearings had probably been ruined long ago anyway. ryarger@rypn.org |
|
| Author: | jimboylan [ Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:41 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Unusual Honor |
> Don't overlook the sight (site?) improvements. < They might be referring to the appearance of the display as viewed (sighted) by observers. Lawyers sometimes write about the sight lines of a site. As for the plague, since it's a steam loco, we're probably dealing with the Black Plague. 104577.651@compuserve.com |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|