Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9070
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Hume Kading [ Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:13 pm ]
Post subject:  EXTREMELY IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT

The Interchange has moved.

If you are bypassing our home page and going straight to the Interchange script using a bookmark or favorite, you will need to change it.

Those of you who come in thru the home page and increase our hit count don't have anything to worry about.

The old Interchange address will work for an indefintie period of time and redirect you to the new location. But, that won't last forever.

Railway Preservation News
hkading@rypn.org

Author:  Hume Kading [ Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: EXTREMELY IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT

Note that all 38,000 plus messages are now online.

These are the messages posted from the time we switched to Webbbs software about three years ago.

Going to dig up the postings using the old bulletin board software and get them online too.

The intent is to have everything ever posted here in one place in a searchable format.

HEY JOHN C., I noticed this UNIX server (never figured out why anybody would want to be served by somebody with a permanently high voice) seems to handle all 38,000 messages just fine.

Maybe we don't need to switch to SQL after all?

Railway Preservation News
hkading@rypn.org

Author:  Brian Hebert [ Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:30 pm ]
Post subject:  WOW!

I just ran a search to look up messages I have posted in the past, and am very surprised how many were found.I didn't realize I had that much to say!
Can't wait to see the earlier posts.
Great Idea guys. RyPNs Interchange is a very useful tool for research.Thanks for making it available to us.
Brian


btamper@hotmail.com

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/