It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Mark Twain Zephyr for sale
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:01 am 

Some news on this neglected pioneer streamliner:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,709930
ryarger@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Twain Zephyr for sale
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:34 am 

Interesting discussion, however some of their info is very dated. Most of the current info has been covered in posts here on the RyPN Interchange, but a couple of points: 1. The move to Fairfield fell through some time ago, and 2. The power car is safely stored away in a building at RELCO, and is intact.
The trainset does need a good home, and is restorable as a static display. Restoration to operation would take major bucks though, because as stated, the passenger cars are gutted.

Boyd


bowens@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: Seats and interior?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:39 am 

I recall that the owner had a new set of windows made for the train, which were to remain uninstalled due to possible vandalism. I've heard the seats and interior furnishings were removed long ago, but were they saved and stored or lost?

ryarger@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seats and interior?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:03 am 

From the info I have, everything removed from the interiors is gone.

Boyd


bowens@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seats and interior?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:55 am 

I was in the train in Mt. Pleasant in about 1978, took pictures. Was gutted then. Went back in about 1988 and still the worse for wear.

The article that I found that said the train was bought and moved in 1972 is not correct. Was still in Mt. Pleasant as of 1988. What a shame. It was one of the neatest things I've ever seen. Have a box of slides of it.



light@pacificnet.net


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: