Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Mark Twain Zephyr for sale
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9081
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:01 am ]
Post subject:  Mark Twain Zephyr for sale

Some news on this neglected pioneer streamliner:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,709930
ryarger@rypn.org

Author:  Boyd Owens [ Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mark Twain Zephyr for sale

Interesting discussion, however some of their info is very dated. Most of the current info has been covered in posts here on the RyPN Interchange, but a couple of points: 1. The move to Fairfield fell through some time ago, and 2. The power car is safely stored away in a building at RELCO, and is intact.
The trainset does need a good home, and is restorable as a static display. Restoration to operation would take major bucks though, because as stated, the passenger cars are gutted.

Boyd


bowens@rypn.org

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:39 am ]
Post subject:  Seats and interior?

I recall that the owner had a new set of windows made for the train, which were to remain uninstalled due to possible vandalism. I've heard the seats and interior furnishings were removed long ago, but were they saved and stored or lost?

ryarger@rypn.org

Author:  Boyd Owens [ Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Seats and interior?

From the info I have, everything removed from the interiors is gone.

Boyd


bowens@rypn.org

Author:  Daniel Klein [ Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Seats and interior?

I was in the train in Mt. Pleasant in about 1978, took pictures. Was gutted then. Went back in about 1988 and still the worse for wear.

The article that I found that said the train was bought and moved in 1972 is not correct. Was still in Mt. Pleasant as of 1988. What a shame. It was one of the neatest things I've ever seen. Have a box of slides of it.



light@pacificnet.net

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/