Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Georgetown Loop Closes
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9122
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Alan Maples [ Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Lavonia, Avon & Lakeville No. 38

> Is the 38 close to running again on the Knox
> & Kane? I heard it has a new tender.
> Thanks.

I believe 38 picked up a former PRR tender while at LA&L. Sloan did have a new tender built for the engine to more closely resemble its original H&BT appearance.

To my knowledge, 38 would require a complete part 230 inspection before it could operate again. Knox & Kane has been running diesel ever since the bridge was first taken out of service.

Alan Malpes

AMaples@aol.com

Author:  Randy Gustafson [ Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Lavonia, Avon & Lakeville No. 38

I've seen parts & pieces over to Marienville, so it still exists.

Without the bridge, K&K doesn't have either the water tank or the wye at the destination end of the railroad (both were on the far side). The diesel trips did a quick push into the remaining view of the bridge wreckage.

I saw the last trip out at the end of October. Rainy, wet day, very light ridership. Without the bridge, and not running steam, hard to say what is going to happen here.

randygustafson@stoneconsulting.com

Author:  Erik Ledbetter [ Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:55 am ]
Post subject:  Not quite that expensive... *PIC*

> After being accredited a museum must pay an
> annual fee that pays for the accreditation
> review... If I
> recall correctly this is a $1000 per year
> fee; the AAM says that the fee does not
> cover all of the costs of review and
> granting accreditation.

I checked with my colleagues today: the fee is only $200 per year for AAM member institutions, and $500 per year for non-members.

Image
eledbetter@rypn.org

Author:  dan [ Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:08 am ]
Post subject:  Georgetown Loop Closes

Read the press release on ngdiscussion.

http://www.ngdiscussion.net/cgi-bin/NGDFcook.pl


http://www.ngdiscussion.net/cgi-bin/NGDFcook.pl
svry@cmc.net

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/