| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| #261's trip with Amtrak-- Can it work elsewhere? https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9132 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Dave Crosby [ Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Pleasure Island and 2929 |
Hello Ted Yes last I heard the 2929 was staying in Scranton, but I'm not sure of the reasons for the change. While I'm happy to still have it in my "backyard" I'm kind of saddened because it surely would have gotten some badly needed attention if it left, as do most of the engines that leave Steamtown. Dave Crosby bing@epix.net |
|
| Author: | T.J. Gaffney [ Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | #261's trip with Amtrak-- Can it work elsewhere? |
Can anyone from #261 give an insight on how they were able to cut the deal they did with Amtrak for cars and operating with their equipment? Does it make sense in your opinion to try and work out a deal with Amtrak if the Class 1 operated over isn't already steam friendly (i.e. CP)? TJ Gaffney tjgaffney@phmuseum.org |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|