Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Bedford Depot Park
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9133
Page 1 of 1

Author:  T.J. Gaffney [ Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Copper Range Locomotive No. 29

Tag und Wie Gehts Jeff!?

Danke fur deine "update." Here in Port Huron, Michigan, things are pretty snowy at the moment: more so in the land of the Yoopers I'm sure.

TJ "Ich spreche ein bischen Deutsch" Gaffney

> She is stored behind the old smelter in
> Ripley. I am a student at Michigan Tech (in
> Stuttgart, Germany this year) and she is
> rotting in Ripley, not having steamed since
> working on the Keewenaw Central. The front
> bumper was wood, and is basicly totally
> rotted, the smokebox door is caved in on the
> bottom (I think from an accident when she
> was plowing snow), the front top part of the
> stack is rusted out, and the boiler jacket
> and lagging are still on. Somebody painted a
> heart and two peoples intinals and it is
> dated from 1981.
> I believe that Clint Jones owns her right
> now, and I was told that any parts that you
> do not see on the engine (also for the old
> #175 there) are stored in a building.
> It would be nice for her to be restored,
> instead of just rotting there.


Port Huron Museum
tjgaffney@phmuseum.org

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Bedford Depot Park

Just a photo of the depot and displayed Budd car at Bedford, Mass. This is adjacent to a bike path, formerly a Boston & Maine branch.


http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo=2004031121243318024.jpg&bydate%3A27
ryarger@rypn.org

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/