| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Georgetown Loop's Final Year https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9151 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | sc 'doc' lewis [ Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | What to my wondering eyes should appear... |
northbound on I-15 at 0910H this morning twenty eight miles south of Provo, UT a flatbed semi with four (or was it five?) steam engine driver/axle sets. I was southbound at the time, already late for my first patients, so I couldn't U-turn to give "chase". Is someone in So. California sending the sets back east for servicing or what? sc 'doc' lewis Heber Valley Railroad utweyesguy@aol.com |
|
| Author: | Ken Middlebrook [ Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: What to my wondering eyes should appear... |
> northbound on I-15 at 0910H this morning > twenty eight miles south of Provo, UT a > flatbed semi with four (or was it five?) > steam engine driver/axle sets. I was > southbound at the time, already late for my > first patients, so I couldn't U-turn to give > "chase". About a month ago, the Grand Canyon Rwy listed their 2-8-0 located at the MGM-Las Vegas for sale on Railswap. The listing mentioned a desire to move quickly further stating if the engine was not sold in a short time it was going back to Williams for static display. Perhaps, GCRy found a buyer. |
|
| Author: | Ted Miles [ Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 2929 |
T.J., Yes, I think that Cranbrook is working on a deal. I have a newsletter from there that has her at the head of one of their passenger trains and listed as pending. Nothing recent though. Ted ted_miles@nps.gov |
|
| Author: | justin [ Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Georgetown Loop's Final Year |
Just saw on Trainorders that this will be the last year for operations at the Georgetown Loop RR. Here is a link to the press relese. Sad to see another line go. -Justin Franz http://www.gtownloop.com/lastseason.htm qcmrs18@yahoo.com |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|