| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Kaiuai question https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9164 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Paul W. Woodring [ Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:50 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Preserving F40PH's/SDP40F's/etc. |
> Dammit, Paul, Chris saved Amtrak F40 231 and > SDP40F 644, California State RR Museum saved > 281, the RR Museum of Pa. has an E60 set > aside for it, I know of one other F40 that's > spoken for by a private party, and I'm > working with other parties to assure that > other F40s are saved. What more do you want? > (Oh--sorry, I didn't get consulted about the > Pooches.) This is what I get for not having the time to keep up with what is happening. I have a fair sized collection of hobby mags that have never been taken out of their mailing wrappers. I'm lucky if I have time to check out this site and others like it a couple of times a month. I knew more in general about the industry/hobby before I went to work in it. I'm far from the most organized guy around, but when you spend most days and nights on the road it just doesn't lend itself to having a great deal of time for this stuff. pww57@hotmail.com |
|
| Author: | T.J. Gaffney [ Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:04 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Trains Magazine article "October Revolution" |
>Not just myself I have plenty of > friends who wanted to work their since they > were kids and still do today, and not just > them they're are lots of folks my age who > are rail enthusiasts and would kill to have > that kind of job. > Regards > Brian And its to continue the interest that guys your age have in steam and rail preservation that I made the comment that started this thread. Brian, hang in there --- if your not employed at Strasburg, find something that gets you close enough that you can volunteer, or train in one of the specialized trades that they need. That way, maybe there will still be steam in operation in, say, 2050, and historic cars that they can pull! TJ tjgaffney@phmuseum.org |
|
| Author: | Bob Yarger [ Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | Kaiuai question |
Group in Hawaii wants to acquire more engines for the proposed plantation rail operation on Kauai. My understanding is the three engines already there are in operable condition. How many do they need for a 2 1/2 mile operation? http://starbulletin.com/2004/03/17/business/story5.html ryarger@rypn.org |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|